Thread: Buck Muse reports?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I don't know how those guys drove on Saturday. Ron drove a great clean race, first car not on Hoosier Wets (on 3-4 year old RA1s).

Plus, Dr. Earp can prep a 260Z! That car was awesome this weekend. All we did was change oil.....Miata like.....
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

The group #3 SARRC race today was the best IT race I've seen in a long long time. Steve E, Steve P, Jeff Y., Jeff M., and Hal (ITS group) really did a nice job. The top three, E, Y, and P were very close for the first 2/3 of the race any of them could have pulled off a win.

Seeing the Steves go into 1 side by side and coming out of 14 side by side was good racing! Jeff Y's spin in the kink was unfortunate and took him out of the running for a top three but he did a great job of keeping it off the wall.

ITA had Ron Munnerlyn take a 1st place and set a new ITA lap record, nice job Ron!!

Nice job fellows and great racing! IT is indeed strong in the SE and I'm hoping we have a good turn out for Roebling in April. Somehow the 260Z broke itself on the ride home from CMP but we'll fix it.

R
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 03-29-2009 at 08:09 PM.

Default No mo beat and bang

It was really nice not to run into anyone or be run into. I guess I've come over from the dark side(Spec Miata).

I can't remember the last time I had that much fun racing. Ol T-DUB (AKA Train Wreck) came through in the rain but was no match for a well prepped and driven Z car in the dry. Congratulations to Steve Parrish on the win. You have to trust your fellow driver to go 2 wide that many times and come out in one piece. I had a few good chances but Steve drove smart and used a BMW for a pick and I just could not get back to his bumper. Jeff Young in the Earp Z was a handfull until he decided to take out the 500 ft marker in the kink. I could not believe the torque you guys have off the corners. Have to actually work on this car now if I plan to keep it--only an A game will work in the Southeast. Good friends and good racing had by all.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

That was some of the best ITS racing I've seen in a long while.

Congrats to Steve Eckerich on the Saturday win and to Steve Parrish
    on the Sunday win.

One thing I really took notice of this weekend was the team of Ron Earp
    and Jeff Young in the 260Z.......You guys have really gotten fast.........

WOW I've got to get my car built and finished.......

Yes you do Bryan! We need a 300 in the mix. S is great racing right now.

Steve E. had a blast trying to hang on to your bumper and that one trip through the carousel two wide was fun. Ultimately ran out of talent trying to keep up and knocked down your brake marker....

Still a ton of fun. My days in the Z are over, Ron needs the seat time, so hopefully we will have a TR8 at Roebling.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

It was good to see some of you guys this weekend. I really enjoyed watching the ITS race yesterday. Top 5 stayed pretty close and it was a hard fought battle for 1st all the way to the end. Nice work!