I guess I don't understand the issues being described because I haven't cracked a rotor in 7 years of using Hawk Blue's front and rear. I have also never experienced any brake fade. My car currently weighs 2470 - the lightest it has ever been - with my fat ass in it. Please don't take this the wrong way....but maybe you are using the brakes too much?

As far as tracks go, I haven't been to Memphis or Hallet (I really need to get to Hallet) but I have raced at StL, MAM and HPT. None of those tracks require allot of heavy braking in my opinion. The RunOffs configuration at HPT is extremely kind to brakes. StL isn't too bad either. Both allow an RX7 to carry allot of momentum and ask the driver to give up speed in stages - not all at once.

Here is my routine:
  • Front rotors are replaced after they have seen their second set of pads.
  • Brake pads are replaced when the friction material is thinner than the backing plate and not before.
  • I do not turn rotors.
  • I buy cheap rotors from Black Dragon or a national autoparts chain
  • I inspect and repack bearings at pad half life and when new pads are installed on old rotors.
  • New rotors always get new Timkin or National bearings an races
  • I use high quality grease from Amsoil or Lucas - I am worried about a wheel bearing failure because they are so small.
Let us know how you like the Carbotechs.