Thread: ITS in CCPS

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If it is a 1st gen RX7 in the Southeast that might be Rickey Thompson. Number 99 and he ran the car in IT7 and in ITA briefly. The car is the best prepped 1st generation RX7 I've ever seen, extremely well driven, and it would turn ITS times very close to the pointy end of ITS a few years ago. Rickey now runs an ITR BMW but he still owns the red 99 as far as I know. He posts here from time to time and might chime in.

Now there are some other red IT7 cars around. Robert Mitchell drives a red 28 IT7 but he's owned it forever. I *think* Blair's IT7 car is currently white with red bumpers, but I can't remember. Blair has owned his car for at least as long as I've been racing (about 3.5 years) and he typically puts it at the pointy end of IT7 winning a good number of races that I've seen, he be fast. Up until about a year ago I'd frequently be in the midst of the IT7 cars in my ITS 260Z. But as my skills have developed I am clear of them and in the middle of ITS these days.

In short, yes, there is some overlap in IT7 and ITS times for sure. The fast IT7 cars will typically hit the rear of the ITS pack in times, if not slightly higher depending on field strength and the track. YMMV.

Have you got a car yet?
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 02-20-2009 at 11:30 AM.