Quote Originally Posted by AjG View Post
Wait, what's with the fire systems? I don't have time right now to follow the news. Is my ESS AFFF Fire System still OK?
As of now, cars "registered" before 1January2009 do not need to meet the stupid SFI requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibson View Post
So the way I understand it, on the ITA I am building now I can either run just the plain fire extinguisher, or the high dollar system you guys are talking about, but nothing in between?
Bingo. Seems that to meet the system, it must be shipped loaded. That incurs a charge to load it. It also incurs a HAZMAT shipping fee. If you never fire your bottle, then two years after certification, you have the privilege of shipping it back to the manufacturer for "inspection." That would require discharging the bottle, incurring a recharge fee in addition to the inspection fee.

Everybody who thinks that companies getting full bottles shipped to them for recertification will simply ship them back w/o discharge but with the recharge fee - raise your hand.

I am asking this in all seriousness, I am new to IT rules and am curious as to the why the all or nothing thought process.
Guess? Asshat BoD members buying into the agenda of some safety-fascist on the CRB who recommend it. Stupidity on our part for not fighting this tooth and nail.