Thread: 2009: Kumho vs. Hankook vs. Hoosier vs. BFG... fight!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yes, I am quite embarassed that I wasted my time looking on the SCCA and Kumho websites for information. I should have known better.

This is an interesting notion. I thought the whole point of contingency was to motivate us to buy your brand of tires. In order for that to be effective people need to know about the program.

Right now we have a contingency from Kumho that is not accessible from their kumhousa web page. Instead there is a secret motorsports blog site that is not linked from the corporate site and can only be found with a google search. Not one of the authorized dealers I looked at today has a single word about contingency, let alone a link to the secret site.

Hoosier Tire Midwest has a contingency but they won't tell you what it is unless you call. I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but do you see my point? How hard would it be to post the payouts here and motivate people to buy your product?

Right now the secret Kumho program seems better than the secret Hoosier program. And I just got a Hooiser sweatshirt for Chirstmas...
    Last edited by jumbojimbo; 02-10-2009 at 03:38 PM.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.