Thread: Restricted IT Double at GingerMan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks Tom. That's quite different than what I imagined.

Yes, T11 - that's where the flaggers gave me the treasured Nadia Comaneci award. I saw the guys standing above the tire wall running, then a little berm launched me up-up-up - to a perfect sideways 4-point landing in the sand trap without a twitch - perfect 10.

I guess running CCW creates a T2 problem, but that should be a much lower speed spot.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

GingerMan is all 3rd-4th gear in my Miata. The track is very technical and even though I have driven hundreds of laps there, I still find it very difficult to turn a perfect lap. Almost impossible to hit anything if you have an off. Great track to run in the rain because you can really push the limits and not worry about hitting anything if you slide off.

Probably not the greatest track for high-horsepower cars due to limited straights. But,there are 3 good passing zones under braking. Pretty smooth except for one bump near the apex in T11.

Keep it in mind for 2000 and we'll do our best as a region to make it worth your while.

Thanks.

That's just what Gingerman needs--a longer straight preceding the final turn. I'd dearly love to see that. But I wouldn't want to see T11 change--although it's probably in everybody's best interest if it does! Can't have cars flying 130 mph toward a concrete wall!:eek:
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series