Thread: New to Hondas. road racing, and IT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Honda-Tech (http://www.honda-tech.com/zeromain) is a good one too. I would stick to to the Road Race / AutoX topic. It is mostly NASA racers, but advice for Honda's will work no matter what sanctioning body you run with.
    Jared Cromas
    2012-2010 & 2008 Midwestern Council ITA Champion
    2008 Midwestern Council Driver of the Year
    SCSCC Race Steward
    #111 FP/ST '90 Gold/Blk Acura Integra

okay, we have the same basic car. i have the 86 crx si in ITB.

I just got a header panel from Auto Body Panels for $114.30 shipping and tax included. it is pretty good. i had to file the outer holes some to fit but the front of my ITB crx is tweaked and so it was mostly on my end.

the invoice has them listed around and a website www.abpanels.com

i dealt with them at 5111 Miller Road, Kalamazoo, MI 49048 and a local number but also at 800 537-2161.

i have not replaced fenders yet but had picked up some second hand. the header panel had just got to a point that i was tired of trying to patch together.

you might pick up a parts car and for ~ $250. that will get you much of what you want in terms of a spare motor/trans, etc.

and i have some stuff from the carbed cars too. i got 4 engines in various stages of unknown condition.

i was getting ready to pull the heads off and put them FS on redpepperracing.com along with distributors and such. if you come to the IT fest as an entrant, i will give you the carbs and intake manifolds and a distributor. don't know if it works but you might be able to turn it in for a core.

i got some of this for free and would like to pass some of it on. still looking for some good carma.
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL