Chip, absolutely no offense at all. Ask any and all questions, please -- I'm serous about that. And yes, Scott is damn fast in his car, I finally saw it at Daytona (although the clutch exploded I think) and that is one nice GSR.

Process weight on my car would be:

133 stock hp * 1.35 (highest present IT power modifier) * 12.9 + 50 for torque = 2366, or TWO HUNDRED pounds less than what it is now. I could probably get the car down to 2500 if I had too, but even that weight is too low and, honestly, if the FI motor makes what we think it might then the 35% gain is too low as well. We'll see.

Also, the adders are far simpler than you think. I don't have the specifics right in front of me, but it basically is and adder for torque, an adder for double wishbone (I personally think we need to do away with that) and an adder for brakes (same).

Quote Originally Posted by Chip42 View Post
Jeff- out of curiosity, what would the TR8 weight be "by the process". note that I am in no way trying to assail the car or you - I have nothing but high regards for you from the limited face time I have had and I would love to see the '8 do well. I have no vested interest in ITS at all, at most a friendship with Scott Seck, but he holds his own quite nicely, thank you.

ron - I thought that these were active adders. been wrong before, sure it will happen again. my experiences are building FWD ITA and prod cars and MR2s and inspecting, not so much driving and rules making.

but I would think, in the spirit of this discussion, that race-length detriments over "normal" equipment (drums, solid disks, stick axle as it induces odd tire wear,...) should be considered, either way. FWD is just another one to add to the list (albeit a big nasty one)