Jeff - you know the process better than me, but doesn't your car get a stick axle adder, a drum brake adder, and a strut adder (all negative) and a torque adder (positive), too?

torque is an advantage. yes, when misused it can roast the tires and/or cause dents. when used well, it helps win races. it deserves an adder.

the rest are disadvantages - they deserve the negatives weights. as does FWD. are those adders adequate? I don't know. throw the argument out there. these are all characteristics that, like FWD, can be simplified to "yes" or "no" without going into make/model. FWIW, I think that solid disks deserves a negative adder, too, if it is not in play.

Also (not related to anything in "the shape of things that break") we have to stay focused on the reality of the fact that the weights of (mostly) the smaller (higher specific output) cars being classified (ITR in particular) are often impossibly light (or unwisely light given the 1.5+ ton "tanks" on course and the safety skimping that will undoubtedly accompany a full-on lightweight build). Newer cars weigh a lot. why make a rule that no one can use?

how about a new Power/weight multiplier, at least in ITR (less established, less people to upset) that might allow for the adders to take effect (in real cars, not on paper) and THEN see if they are adequate. until they are achievable, there's little sense in arguing about it.