Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
How does Lapsim work? What are the inputs? Does it have a built in modifier/handicap for FWD? Why do we consider this statistical significant when the lap time differences even in the high hp range are around a second?

And why are we considering using a simulator when we are already so distrustful of dyno sheets?

I suspect we could use that same simulator, with the appropriate human inputs, to show similar detriments due to poor aero, or brakes, etc. Do we want to go there?
I trust sim software because it just does math: It has no agenda and it doesn't let perceptions skew what it tells us. I think this has potential.

And again, I'm NOT advocating - nor will I seriously consider, knowing what I currently know - using more factors than we already have on the board. NOR am I suggesting that we run every car through the simulation app...

I'm simply saying that we can hone our current model, using exactly the factors we use now, to (1) take opportunities for subjectivity out of play, and (2) get a better degree of granularity for the factors that we agree matter.

K