Quote Originally Posted by Bob Roth View Post
Jeremy, I think the HP calculation is where we need to look. Tell me where I can spend to make a 155 hp 1,6 VTEC motor a 175 hp motor? I can't make it rev 15% higher unless I cheat on the valve springs and port the head like a type r. Besides, the consensus is that the 1.6 intake won't flow sp unless I change the intake to type R, it won't make much difference.

Now if spending a ton of money to get to 175 means re-allign bore the block to get 12 to one compression, I think we hace a rule problem don't we. There is a reason why 100 hp to liter is an accomplishment. Bottom line is the things that help a 70 hp per liter motor have already been done on the 100 hp per liter motor.
Im not sure what dyno you use, or anything but...

If you are struggling to get 160hp to the wheels out of a B16a, i have a few people you could talk to.. The tq isn't going to be there but we have had a few 160-170whp b16a

Sure you need to do a full legal IT build to get it, but that isn't the rules falt.

Also i am not sure who you get your info from but there is NOTHING wrong with the IM on the B16a, you do know that it is the exact same one on the b18c5?

This is the same IM with IT 1" porting that can support 200whp or more on b16a and b18c5.