Thread: So about these Pony Cars for ITR...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bob....I totally see the point regarding hp/displacement. I ring that bell ALL the time...ask anyone on the ITAC. The S2000 is an awesome example of how we varied from the standard operating procedure, and I'd argue even that wasn't enough...but, I think that it's not a point that applies to every one of the cars you mention. You mentioned no Hondas were entered ro did well at the ARRCs. Well i remember a Prelude that ran second for most of the 07 race until burning up a rear bearing, and that particular car owns a few lap recrds, at tracks with solid ITS records. Finally, we're not prod. it takes a LOT..as well it should...for us to vary from the SOP.

But....I agree with Ron that you can't eliminate cars from being classed because you don't like the way others are classed. That's being exclusionary.

The solution is to remedy the issues with the cars you feel are being classed incorrectly, not barring any other cars that could beat the "maligned" cars.

Further, you speak as though the V8s will make big gains...based on their crappy specific displacement...and you mention an intake system. I am sure you're not referring to the actual intake manifold, which can't be changed, and is the kink in the hose on these cars. Factory hp is used because, in general it reflects what the cars will make after a build, as the core components to HP are stock and must remain. As always, remember Kip VanSteenburgs methods...read the spec line carefully, compare the specs, choose wisely. And, it's not ALL decided by the engine.
    Last edited by lateapex911; 01-17-2009 at 08:45 PM.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com