Thread: So when is a wing legal in IT?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Kirk - thanks, and I do in fact understand. I just never found 'that rule' that bugged me enough to not understand how others don't see it the same way before. Now I have. Just because I don't understand how you can't see it the same doesn't mean you have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
    Chris, both of those are really nice. Where is the splitter?? It looks as though you have at least room for a 1in splitter.
    Both are too low tho. well under the wheel rim,IMHo, eyeball opinion.
    Any air kept from under the car is a good thing,lowers the under hood pressure, wait, that lowers my HP...
    The front fender plastic inners helps also. MM

Because both of these were Saturday afternoon projects to try something new. Like I said - take a look at the Rabbit. That is where I am headed with my setup, with a tray back to the wheel well openings that includes a diffuser. In the end I may end up deciding the direction based on other factors, like standing on a scale with both setups in hand, to see if the deletion of the facia panel with the big bumper makes up for the added weight of the setup. I already know that the big bumper has a negative impact on airflow over the oil cooler/radiator, which may suggest a bit less drag.

(BTW - Both are less than 1/4 inch above the rim - though the small bumper one ended the weekend 1/4 high on one side and 1/4 low on the other - it is just the perspective of the picture that makes the 2nd one look too low. Obviously the orange car has no restriction in that area.)
    Last edited by shwah; 12-29-2008 at 10:06 AM.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com