Thread: Super Touring is IT

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by pkeane2 View Post

Z3: There is a weight break for front wheel drive cars and intake manifolds must be stock.

Funny because my motor was legal for Speedvision back in '01 but wouldn't be legal for STU. The manifold is stock, but from a previous generation.

The problem with the restrictor was it's limited avalibility, one of the sources didn't even have the correct size, and making the air box stiff enough to not crush during testing.

Like Josh mentioned the weight to hp rules seem to favor the smaller displacement cars. In SoPac we have a regional class called Radial Sedan. I can't run with these rules, by the end of the weight process I wind up at close to 3500lbs, which is nearly 1000lbs more than my cars current weight. It does seem to work for the 1.8-2.3 liter guys though. I'd always planned on giving it (DP/SU) a try once my car was ITR legal though, it seemed easier than trying to adapt the restrictor then bolt on weight, and worry about not having taken advatage of the fabricated rear suspension option.
    Last edited by Z3_GoCar; 12-20-2008 at 02:51 PM. Reason: unclear pronoun
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter