Internet Master Earp comes through for me.

In that first picture, yes, what he is circled is exactly what I am talking about. Stock, a hose leads to a plastic piece which is screwed to a oblong hole about 3" by 5". Inside the hole is a void in front of the inner fender liner/well, that "picks up" air from (a) under the car and (b) from the radiator scoop.

Air Snake!

The second picture, so you understand why that plenum is different from the one in the negine build thread, appears to be a UK TR7V8 (they only sold a handful of actual TR8s in the UK) with a Land Rover 3.9 transplant. Different (and better plenum) on those motors.

and to think, I cold have run that better plenum and no one would have been teh wiser....lol......

Seriously, let me know what you guys think on the fender well holes. My interpretation of the intent of the rule is I can take air from them, but have to "stop" the air snake at the plastic piece in the hole, but I think a strict legal interpretation would allow me to run tubes and pipes anywhere in the upstream air intake path within the confines of the bodywork (although, again Grafton makes a good logical point as to why that strict legal interpretation is wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
Here are a couple of pictures that might help with the discussion. The first picture is a stock TR8 which shows the fender well air intakes.

The second picture is an stock FI TR8 that shows some type of piece that seals against the hood. Not sure what that is for, is it for air or a water drain?