Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
That's a good point.

So how do you define a "stock" air pickup location that is outside the confines of the engine bay? Would limit to to simply drawing air from teh same spot (which I think is the intent of the rule and an intent which I will follow)? Or do you believe that it means you basically can run pipes and tubing anywhere along the "air intake stream" within the confines of the bodywork?

I think most of us believe the correct interpretation is a hybrid -- you can put a filter or air box in the general location, outside the engine bay, of the stock air pick up.

I'm just not sure that is logically consistent with the "strict" interpretation of the rule which would require stock pickup hardware or the "liberal" one that allows the Air Snake.
Agreed Jeff,
The volvo intake air source clearly is completely outside the engine compartment if I decipher the diagrams correctly? If so, no combustion air from inside the engine compartment is allowed within the stock air intake.....air filters are free....placement should be allowed outside either of "Volvo" or "MG" engine compartments ...... Why shouldn't the air filter be allowed within in the allowed air supply source?

David