Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
Groupings are impossible, personally not being in the top of the field I hated it when my race was over while battline for a possition and loosing the lap. But thats me and as a driver I would like the chance to have every lap.
I agree, it sucks when you loose a lap because you're racing with a considerably faster class, but I think that is one of the realities of club racing that we just have to deal with. And even without getting lapped, how many times do you have one of those "if I only had one more lap I coulda got 'em" races?

I have no problem with the ITB grouping, but I am sure the pointy end might not have as much fun with the handfull of IT7 cars...but it could be a moot point.
I hope it does become a moot point, and we are able to work out the split starts for some of these groups. Of course, that is going to depend heavily on the drivers.

I just dont like the qual, race, race format, which jeff says may not happen, but even Gregg's e-mail said radical change in the format. So I take it he is that sure it will change Jeff, so that is why I am pissed because I have more then once before open comp, and after open comp made it aware to all of ITB and other drivers I don't care for the format and it was why I have never gone to VIR during a 2 day double...its the same format just a little relaxed. It means less entries possible which may be true for 2009 anyway and will gaurentee higher entry fees since you cannot take in more cars even if you wanted to.
I would really like to know how the majority of drivers feel about this one - someone brought up the question in the MARRS ITA group and I thought the overwhelming response was "more racing time", even if everyone couldn't agree on the details. But even then only a very few drivers bothered to respond - which seems to be the case until something happens that pisses them off. Not pointing at you James, because I know better, but it never fails to amaze me how few drivers want to get involved with the decision-making process, even when the decisions affect them directly. The open comp meeting was a great example; if I recall correctly the workers at the meeting outnumbered the drivers by a huge margin...