Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
Interesting you call me a peanut.
A peanut gallery is an audience that heckles the performer.

It will likely get implimented since I hear more of the drivers reps like SM, SSM, ITA are all in favor of it.
You listed 3 reps. The vote was 13-4.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
I have no problem with the ITB grouping, but I am sure the pointy end might not have as much fun with the handfull of IT7 cars...but it could be a moot point.
The handful of IT7 cars outnumbers most of the classes we have. With the exception of 1 or 2 cars, they also turn lap times faster than ITB. An IT7/SS grid with a second ITB/ITC gets the two groups apart and, for the most part, keeps them apart. If there's no split grid in the supps, there's no point in doing this as it WILL reduce the quality of track time.

I just dont like the qual, race, race format, which jeff says may not happen, but even Gregg's e-mail said radical change in the format.
Exactly what is the problem with having two races? More carnage? That's why finishing position shouldn't be considered for Sunday's grid, but your best lap time - plus it gets those who don't want to race out of the herd.

If we don't condense, we CAN'T change the format. Fewer cars over the same number of groups equals the same schedule as last year. It isn't the number of cars that determines the amount of track time, but the number of groups.

The ONLY reason to condense is to add more track time for each group. We could increase the length of the meaningless Saturday qualifying PM session, but why do that when we can set up a system where those who want to race can and those who don't still get access to the track?

If Sunday grid is set by best time from Saturday, either qualifying or race, then those who don't want to race, just have to start from the pit lane and it'll be nothing more than a qualifying session and it will be longer.