Thread: Wheel sizes in ITR.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default wheel sizes

If we can upsize wheels, why is everyone afraid of the rule being interpreted to allow downsizing? To me that would make it much easier for competitors to configure the gearing they need. Is there really that much of an advantgage to downsize a wheel. If we can upsize, my thought is we should be able to downsize too. I am open if anyone has some logic to why we are afraid of that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by madrabbit15 View Post
    If we can upsize wheels, why is everyone afraid of the rule being interpreted to allow downsizing? To me that would make it much easier for competitors to configure the gearing they need. Is there really that much of an advantgage to downsize a wheel. If we can upsize, my thought is we should be able to downsize too. I am open if anyone has some logic to why we are afraid of that happening.
    Unintended consequences. The Intent from my understanding was to allow the people that could only run 13 wheels to go up to 15 because 13s are becoming hard to find new. There may be lots of used 13s but wheels should be considered wear items and replaced ever so often.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

Default wheel sizes

In my mind when you open that door, the door is now open, you should be able to walk through in both directions not just one. If competitiors can upsize, they should be able to downsize too, otherwise you create a rule that favors only some and not all. Unintended consequences does not seem like a good explaination to me, but I guess that is just my opinion. I was just trying to understand that reasoning.

I get the 13in wheel tire thing, but they are still available they just cost more.