Quote Originally Posted by FireballPhil View Post
Spike, Chris, SLUF,

I have chosen not to continue to respond to Travis because I don't know what I have done to be a spur in his side. This is not the first time that he has barked at me.
Phil, please don't ignore the issues facing the entire division. I am not meaning to attack you personally, and if it were anyone else trying to add dates to the schedule, I would be all over them as well.

The regions working together on scheduling, reducing the number of events, making sure events don't overlap or all fall too close together is something I have been preaching for years. KVRG went to a two event format in 2008 instead of I believe four in 2007 (excluding runoffs). in 2007 both regional races were sparsely attended (~70), and money losers. in 2008 the one regional race held was iirc over 120 cars and made money. if MidSouth is prepared to take the loss in the name of worker recruitment, i guess participation doesn't matter. but i doubt that's the case.

you "are a spur in my side" because i very strongly believe that what you are trying to do is weakening the regional racing program in this division, and i'm trying to make everyone realize that. i want regional racing in MiDiv to be well attended, competitive, and fun. by adding events and thinning the field all three of those attributes are reduced, be it at MAM, HPT, Hallett, GIR, MMP, or wherever.....

you can ignore me as long as you want, but you won't be able to ignore a 40 car field and a big potential loss the week of the event.