Quote Originally Posted by John Jackson View Post
Marc has most of the story correct. I have a few corrections though. Paul had gotten back around me and was leading again. I lost track but I think we traded the lead 6 times up until that point. When we approached Bishop Bend the rain got heavier. Down the back straight it was coming down. Coming out of 17 it was not too bad. Paul had pulled a gap coming out of 17. When I got to the start/finish I still had grip. I noticed Pauls brake lights flashing. I let of the gas and total silence. None of my wheels still touched pavement. I tried to feed just enough left input to miss Paul who was now in the tire wall. I slammed in just to his left. After telling my crew that our amazing race was over. WAM!!! I was hit from behind. I was hit so hard that the rear bumper was pushed to the back seat. This exploded the ATL bladder and crushed the battery. I was instantly on fire. The rest is charcoal...
John, I am so glad you and everyone else involved were uninjured. How the hell did you and Wayne escape getting burned?