if your in So Cal, as mentioned above Cal Club would be your local region. I did my school with them, just this past February. Cost for school is $440, and its a double school so you get everything done in one weekend and can go racing at the March event.

You sound like you are in the same boat I was in. New car, no logbook etc, . If your car does not have a log book, don't wait to get it on the weekend of the school. I contacted the chief of tech and arranged to bring my car to the January event a few weeks before to get the car a log book. That way if their is something I missed I had time to fix it. I saw people getting their car teched on the day of the school, and it just added unnecessary stress to the day, because they did not have a separate tech for the school, so they had to wait in line along with all the people running the double regional that weekend. If your car is ready on Dec 13&14 they have an open test day at Buttonwillow, and the chief of tech will be their doing annuals so its a great time to shake the car down and get your tech or even just bring it in for its log book.

Another thing I recommend is, don't apply for your novice permit at the track the day of the school, because you just have to stand in line with the other 20 people that didn't apply before. I applied direct to Topeka, and had my Novice Permit book and everything done a month before the school so I didn't have to worry about last minute problems.

If using your own car(which I did) as said above, bring someone that knows the basics of a car to help you. I didn't think the weekend was as hectic as some have said, but if something goes wrong you don't want to be in panic mode as it will just ruin your weekend.

If you can't make the February school, an accredited school is Fast Lane, but it comes with a hefty price $1350 if using your own car
http://www.raceschool.com/newsite2/d...INFOforweb.pdf