Date for 2009 I.T.SPEC*tacular set

Todd, as an aside, thanks for trekking all the way to Atlanta to flag and do the ITTC administrative and awards thing. Your devotion to things IT is appreciated!

DiTTO!

but, Todd, i have to ask. so when does registration open?

i want to make sure all my wrenchin is done and the body work straight.....

To all,

For those of you who haven't floated by the RoadRaceAutoX forums lately there has been a discussion going about adopting SEDiv./Atlanta region ITO/ITU class rules or some other 'Over"/ "Under" to allow NASA folks that want to run to do so.

Just keeping inquiring minds informed.

Todd

Looks like production or ITE cars to me. where would they run?

Looks like production or ITE cars to me. where would they run?

Things are always in flux this time of year but this is what I think things will look like if we go with an ITO, ITU .

ITA, IT7, ITC
ITS, ITB
ITR, ITE, ITU
TCC, GTA, ITO
SM, SSM
SRF/Prod or Formula cars

Butch and I are working on how things will split as far as existing classes in NASA. ITO is 2.5 Liters and up while ITU covers the rest below. Any input is appreciated.

Todd

Things are always in flux this time of year but this is what I think things will look like if we go with an ITO, ITU .

ITA, IT7, ITC
ITS, ITB
ITR, ITE, ITU
TCC, GTA, ITO
SM, SSM
SRF/Prod or Formula cars

Butch and I are working on how things will split as far as existing classes in NASA. ITO is 2.5 Liters and up while ITU covers the rest below. Any input is appreciated.

Todd

Actually, that looks pretty good. As for my group ITE should run away from us while depending upon the ITU cars they will close to ITR times. TCC, GTA & ITO also looks good, at least to me.:)

Actually, that looks pretty good. As for my group ITE should run away from us while depending upon the ITU cars they will close to ITR times. TCC, GTA & ITO also looks good, at least to me.:)

We are looking at all the options and making sure we don't end up with a superfast class running in ITU. I'll keep you posted. Butch and I are having daily conversations on this with a very knowledgeable source.

Stay tuned!

Isn't the point of ITO & ITU to split ITE into two seperate classes? So why is there still an ITE?

The SEDiv./ Atlanta Region ITO/ITU rules are class specific. So I would prefer to leave ITE in case we have something else show up like a couple of ALMS GT2 cars. Yep, I'm leaving all possibilities on the table. ALMS has a two week break between Lime Rock and Mid Ohio and we are the week before. So you never know...........:D

Wondering about my old IT7

Hello all! Ex-racer Larry Newcomer here...ex-Western Ohio SCCA. I sold my black IT7 (and 24' trailer) back in 2004 or 2005 to a guy whose name I can't remember. He was from the Cleveland area and I think he was thinking of converting it to an EP. I think his last name was something like Severy or something like that. Just curious what happened to my old ride. Anyone out there know?

Hoping to race again some day...I miss the racing, but not the wrench time.

[email protected]

Larry,

I'll check in with some friends with the NeOhio Region and see if they know anything. They are big in the Production scene in Cleveland.

Todd

I CANT WAIT! this will be my second season in ITA. last year I was thinking about going but I didnt grow a pair yet to be running with a huge ITA group haha:026:

but after what i have heard about the IT fest, I will be there no matter what!

see you all in August! and yet, its only February:(

Hello all! Ex-racer Larry Newcomer here...ex-Western Ohio SCCA. I sold my black IT7 (and 24' trailer) back in 2004 or 2005 to a guy whose name I can't remember. He was from the Cleveland area and I think he was thinking of converting it to an EP. I think his last name was something like Severy or something like that. Just curious what happened to my old ride. Anyone out there know?

Hoping to race again some day...I miss the racing, but not the wrench time.

[email protected]

Larry- I think I know who you are talking about. It was a black RX-7 and it was at the Great Lakes Division Drivers School @ nelson ledges. and they def. turned it in to an EP car...looked nothing like an IT-7!
He was an older gentleman if im not mistaken...but I dont know his name.

BTW - the car looks really good!

Back