Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
OK, just wanted to get your attention.

I had resisted the assertion that ITB was the 'new ITA' - but heck, this class is really redifining itself into something special. Accords, Civic's, CRX's, Volvo's, Golfs, 924's, BMW's, Audi's, Preludes, a freakin' gorgeous Alfa...

Awesome guys. Awesome. Add in Scott, The Canadians, the Blethens, Beren, Boo-hee - and oh-snap is that a showdown.

ITS seems to be the class that is static now...only 12 starters at the ARRC? Diverse yes (top 6 were all different models), but is it quality over quantity? Thoughts?

I have been saying this is the class for years, I am glad you are finally coming to a realization!!! add in the MR2's and you have a list of cars that cover every possible way to build a car, (old FWD and RWD tanks to a mid engine sportscars.

Dont forget other oddballs like the Saab (Yeah, Nat Wentworth is faster in the Volvo but he ran in the front with the Saab), the Opal GT (Track record holder at NHIS?), Alfa Spider (still track holder after 12+ years at Lime Rock Park), or the Omni that used to run top 3 at RA a few years ago.

It is unfortunate that the class is getting so old and parts are hard to find. If you can find them then it is generally a very affordable class. The key for the future will be to make correct classifications and add in some new blood that doesn't dominate quite as easily as the Golf III does. If you add in another car that is just barely faster than the Golf III then the class will be done. All of us old cars are pedling as fast as possible and can barely keep up to challenge.

As for a showdown.... what a dream race!!! I wish that we could afford the time off and the tow. Unfortunatly the fall season always seems to get busy with work (its after "summer vacation season") and as I get older I seem to have less money even though I make considerably more, have less bills and still have not made enough to invest "extra" and loose it all in the stock market.

Raymond "914 should be right up there, Mini... hummmm I would also love to..." Blethen