VIR -- What the Hell?

Steve, I am looking at the SARRC results sheet and Kent was at 2:19.4 in the race.

Nobody was in the 2:18s. Weird.

Jake, yessir! LOL.......I started DFL (36th) because I didn't qualify in the rain on Saturday. I had just caught the 4/5/6th place ITS cars when we got the checkers, a few more laps and I would have had 4th. Didn't have anything for Perry/Thompson/Spillman, even though I've run 2:19.4 at VIR (last May).

Did you DOUBT me?

Thanks for the info guys. Just loading up now for the 13hr and wanted a benchmark. We have named the car TW pronounced T-Dub (as in train wreck) After finding this week that the car and motor harness were altered it has been an adventure. Saturday at VIR was the first time I ever rolled a car back in the trailer and went home. I guess if it makes all 13 we can just leave it at the track!!

We hit (or were hit by) an SRF in the early laps of the CCPS. It looked like he was leaving room for the pass, then drove over our nose and spun off course. I never did find out which one it was. The battery died on the recorder, so no video.

Steve, I am looking at the SARRC results sheet and Kent was at 2:19.4 in the race.

Jake, yessir! LOL.......I started DFL (36th) because I didn't qualify in the rain on Saturday. I had just caught the 4/5/6th place ITS cars when we got the checkers, a few more laps and I would have had 4th. Didn't have anything for Perry/Thompson/Spillman, even though I've run 2:19.4 at VIR (last May).

Did you DOUBT me?

Are the results posted somewhere?

Rob, I haven't seen one. I had the hard copy of the SARRC results somewhere, but can't find that right now either...

What... no pics of the Honda that out qualified most of the Z's (in the rain) only to miss shift 1 and drop to the back of the pack in the race (btw, thanks to everyone for missing me!)? :D

Guy (SRF) comes from TWO cars back to divebomb BOTH cars on a short straight leading to a hard braking zone at the first or second slowest corner on the track. NICE.

By the way, those two SMs were running I think 4th and 5th while the SRF was 10ish. NICE again.

Man I wish that they had left us (ITS) in that group!

I actually got the opportunity to drive a SRF last weekend, and I can honestly say they require a LOT of track time to master (well more than the 4 or 5 laps I had in the car). They have extreemly close ratio steering, excellent braking and awesome throttle response. Not to mention the open wheel thing.

Since most of my the setup advice I received was "take care of it, we need it in the 13 hour race" I just drove gingerly for the few laps I had in the car... trying to absorb all of the above information. However, I will tell you that BMW looked like a Semi Truck coming at me!

hoop

Last edited:
I actually got the opportunity to drive a SRF last weekend, and I can honestly say they require a LOT of track time to master (well more than the 4 or 5 laps I had in the car). They have extreemly close ratio steering, excellent braking and awesome throttle response. Not to mention the open wheel thing.

SRF's are sports racers. Non-production-based, yes; open wheel, no.

Jeff... Sorry about that. It was the CCPS race, not the SARRC, when Kent turned a 2:17.4.. I was looking over Ralphs shoulder at the stopwatch. But that was a one time deal. The rest of his laps seemed to be in the 20's.

I gather from the results on Mylaps that Stauffers team beat Ampro (Thompson/Weddington) for the CCPS Championship? I was still very unclear about it when we leftthe track....

Did you DOUBT me?

What... no pics of the Honda that out qualified most of the Z's (in the rain) only to miss shift 1 and drop to the back of the pack in the race (btw, thanks to everyone for missing me!)? :D

I actually got the opportunity to drive a SRF last weekend, and I can honestly say they require a LOT of track time to master (well more than the 4 or 5 laps I had in the car). They have extreemly close ratio steering, excellent braking and awesome throttle response.

hoop

Imagine your first drive in one that you found later (as you decided SOMETHING was odd) had a shot tie rod, AND a shot rear toe link. Man, quick ratio steering and variable toe at both ends! The thing wanted to spin on the straight! Quite the introduction...:shrug:

Imagine your first drive in one that you found later (as you decided SOMETHING was odd) had a shot tie rod, AND a shot rear toe link. Man, quick ratio steering and variable toe at both ends! The thing wanted to spin on the straight! Quite the introduction...:shrug:

man that had to suck. they are tough enough to drive as is. so did you take one lap and park it? the car i drove was profesionally maintained and one of the most competetive cars in the SE... of course, i quickly turned it into an ITC ride :D

Back