Hello Krys! How are things going?

I've been reading the thread with some interest. Here are my thoughts…

1)PRIORITY: Modify the GCR so that ALL cars, in all classes, can optionally install dry a break system without creating eligibility problems for any regional or national races event. This is not a competitive advantage and should be allowed.

2) Modify your ECR rules to allow dry brake systems in all classes. Since you have a timed stop, allow either dump cans or fuel rigs... there are a lot of low-cost ex-Gramd-Am and IMSA fuel on the market.

3) I agree that the basic ECR rules aren't broken. I would not mandate full fire suits for all over-the-wall crew members. It is an expense that most club racing teams cannot afford.

4) I would require both the fueler and fire bottle person to wear fire suits, gloves and head/eye protection. I've read the posts on corner workers... but corner workers usually approach a car that is already smoking. A fire bottle person in pit lane needs to be properly dressed.

5) Eliminate funnels outright! I would expressely forbid any person other then the fueler from touching the car during fueling.

6) Have Enterprises engineer a proper GCR-specified fueling system for SRF's that allow them to be fueled without requiring the body work to be removed (probably not an issue for the ECR... but clearly a concern for races like the 13 Hour.

I also like the idea of coming up with a consolidated set of rules that work with ECR and other endurance races... makes the team's lives easier.

So... allow dry break systems, eliminate funnels outright, and design a good system for SRFs...

Easy, right?