Bought a Miata... Now what ???

toddgreene

I could not stand it any longer... I had to get a RWD car.

I know we are biased here, but SM or ITA???

Thanks,

Todd

if you want some stiff competition go SM.
Im not trying to diss ITA or anything but from the region im from....there are rarely any miata's in ITA, but a whole lot of SM's!! But thats your call. good luck on your decision making:happy204::eclipsee_steering:

***Rainbow stickers? Pastel turtlenecks?***

Ya, Ya & so on. There is always someone to race w2w with from front to back. If you decide the competition is to stiff in Spec Miata you can always convert to ITA.:o

EDIT: Todd, if your a MI guy you could always do the Runoffs in Spec Miata for the next three years at Road America. STEEEEEEEP competition.

Last edited:
I could not stand it any longer... I had to get a RWD car.

I know we are biased here, but SM or ITA???

Thanks,

Todd

I have to agree with everyone-the competition in SM is INSANE!!! And those guys seemed pretty high strung. Whether you decide to go ITA or SM, give Mike at ISC racing a call. His personal car is an ITS Mitata and is fast as hell. I went with ISC's suspension on my car.

-Vincent

If you want to 'develop' the car, go ITA. If you want to just go and race, SM.

I am leaning toward SM for this reason. Can always go ITA if I want to go a little faster.

Rainbow stickers? Pastel turtlenecks?

Greg, That just mean...after all it's Black. (The toughest Miata color:cool:)

Well, do you like being the Pinata' or the bat?

Hey... either way you're getting hit:eek:

Thanks,

Todd

I'd suggest running ITA. Plenty of competition and less of the politics (and spec tires) that come with SM. Hit up Bowie Gray with Conover Motor Sports... he ran an ITA 1.6 liter car very successfully.

Christian

I bought a miata to build an SM. It was taking to long to build so I bought an ITA mazda protege and now i'm having so much fun running with the IT guys that the miata will be an ITA car when done. I vote for IT :D

I went through driving school in an Austin Healey Sprite, they stuck me in with the Miata's. Scary, those guys hit everything but the lottery. if you are going to race it, stock up on bumper covers and front fenders.

***I went through driving school in an Austin Healey Sprite, they stuck me in with the Miata's. Scary, those guys hit everything but the lottery. if you are going to race it, stock up on bumper covers and front fenders.***

On the other hand I was at the Autobahn Country Club last weekend & there was one H Production Bug Eye mixed with 23 Spec Miatas & he admited he had a great time. He is one of the TOP H Production cars inthe CenDiv. Maybe the drivers school was the issue.

Just go lurk on the SM website. Those guys BRAG about the hits.
Those guys are PROUD of how many hits they have taken.
There is a "highlights reel" video on there that I watched the other night,, and it was truly scary!!

***Just go lurk on the SM website. Those guys BRAG about the hits.***

Give me a brake & name one post/thread where anyone on the Spec Miaia site is doing what YOU call BRAGING about a hit.

...there was one H Production Bug Eye mixed with 23 Spec Miatas & he admited he had a great time.
Dude, you may have a point there! Seriously, when I think about it, when you REALLY think about how many incidents/accidents/crashes have had H Prod cars involved, it gets spooky!!! Crap, maybe this is something we should look into; maybe there's really something there with all those KEEERAAZZY, demonic H Prod drivers!!! Hell, aren't they involved in, like, 100% of all H Prod crashes???

Holy Crud, thanks for pointing out this CREEP of H Prod drivers "crashing" the party!!!!

GregA

P.S. What's H production...?

make a track day car out of it... that's what I'm slowly doing with the beater I bought last winter. i have a ITC Honda and want to move to ITA, but I want to do it in something other than a Miata.

that being said... i have a nice collection of cabana shirts, and I do whatever I can to avoid wearing one in the Miata!

Back