Thread: Kill switch mandatory?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I think the reason SS & IT get a pass is that they need to keep the battery in the stock location. It's not as easy to figure out a place to mount a power shutoff switch when the battery is under the hood. I, as a driver, want to be able to shut the power off as well as a corner worker but I also don't want to have to run all that extra cable from the battery to inside the car and then back out.

Personally I don't see why IT isn't allowed to relocate the battery. With all the other things that you are allowed to do to the car the fact that you can't relocate the battery is strange?
    1988 ITA Scriocco 16V #80
    MCSCC member since 1988

Aged Racer is it that big of a deal to add the switch ? How much time could it take ?

***David, if it's such a critical safety item***

James, three comments for you & a thought.

A. I said the cut off switch is a safety item.......... As where it's listed in the ITCS. You say its a "critical safety item."

B. Some people don't feel it's required to repair crash damage.

C. Some people don't feel it's required to leave the heater core in an IT race car.

If we add up all the items (not just these three items) that people feel are not required for IT race cars we will have Production class race cars. Or maybe by time the list is complete we'll have GT class race cars. IMHJ You (& others) arguing that a pass on a cut off switch (listed as a safety item) is ok is just like the Production car people arguing that Production class race cars should only be required to have a roll bar rather than a roll cage because that's al that open wheel cars are required to have. If you want to argue/compare IT rules to other car class rules write letters of change to the CRB because arguing/comparing on the site will get you NOTHING.
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

For many people on this forum, it's probably a quick job to install a kill switch. I'm a little slower, have only done one on my Spec Miata and it was a complete kit with directions.

I've got all winter to do it right, best just to wait.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by slopok View Post
    Aged Racer is it that big of a deal to add the switch ? How much time could it take ?
    For many people on this forum, it's probably a quick job to install a kill switch. I'm a little slower, have only done one on my Spec Miata and it was a complete kit with directions.

I've got all winter to do it right, best just to wait.

Steve