Thanks for the help guys. I'm still trying to learn all the differences between the models to make sure I get a good one to start with. I will most likely end up getting 2 cars as Steve E suggested. Let me know if you know of any good donors

One question I have...do all 5 lug cars have the 4 piston brakes? Or where all the S5 cars 5 lug? Are 4 piston brake setups east to find to swap with?

So if I understand this correctly, an S4 isn't bad, just gotta swap over to an S5 motor (for best results). 5.12 gear seems to be the consensus. Don't be scared of a sunroof car. I planned on nascar door bars in both doors. Find an aluminum hood.

I have some concerns about the rearends, b/c I ain't sure what was stock. Will either rearend (torsen or VSLD) accept the 5.12 gear? Is the VSLD something Mazdacomp sells, or is that stock?

I think thats it for now. I plan on being at VIR this month running in the ECR with my buddy's 280Z, so I might see some of you on the track. Not to mention, I will probably come visit you in the paddock and pick your brain a bit.

Thanks,
-Jason