Thread: Daytona

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I had a great time working the chicane insted of driving....it sure helps watching the fast lines through there.
    Tim Martin
    ITC VW RABBIT
    CFR

Quote Originally Posted by flaboy View Post
    I had a great time working the chicane insted of driving....it sure helps watching the fast lines through there.
    Tim,

Thanks for standing on the other side of the fence so we could play. Quite an interesting view and learning experience, huh. You should work T17 at Sebring too. I learn allot working the Pro races and watching the best.

How about that group 1 front ITS pack. Us Mazda guys had nothing for that Benz but we sure had fun 2nd through 6th. How did the pic of my son on the side of my car look at 90 mph?

Sure felt good to be back in my car after two years.

Thanks again to you and all the workers that make the weekend possible for the drivers.
    Marc Dana
    SEDiv
    Part time RR/AX
    #63 ITS Rx-7

For my first time out, I had a fabulous time. Even though I broke my car (clutch master went, and a CV joint boot). I learned a lot this weekend.

Really enjoyed watching the last race Sunday. The ITS group has quite a even group minus the Mercedes. 2-3 in the last race had maybe two car lengths between them the whole time till Scott pulled out with trouble on the last lap.

I have some good pictures and would love some constructive criticism of my in car video once it is up. I know there are a few moments that I screwed up in.

quadzjr you have David's name spelled right. And yes we need to get his car back on the road. Hurts me that he is not out there.

Derek

Marc, did you get to do some driving?? Awesome man!

We may make another journey down that way next year.....can you guarantee me another 10 second drop in lap time?

Seriously, glad you got out and had some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazmarc63 View Post
    Tim,

Thanks for standing on the other side of the fence so we could play. Quite an interesting view and learning experience, huh. You should work T17 at Sebring too. I learn allot working the Pro races and watching the best.

How about that group 1 front ITS pack. Us Mazda guys had nothing for that Benz but we sure had fun 2nd through 6th. How did the pic of my son on the side of my car look at 90 mph?

Sure felt good to be back in my car after two years.

Thanks again to you and all the workers that make the weekend possible for the drivers.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

That was definately the most fun I've had in a while. Even considering my little "bump" into the T1/pit out wall. Thanks to everyone who didn't T-bone me while I was stopped, cross track between T1 and T2. Good, clean racing within our group.

Tim, thanks to you, and everyone else that makes these weekends possible. It takes an enormous amount of work, planning, communication, etc. to make everything go smoothly.

Jeff, Marc better not guarantee you another 10 seconds...If he does, either he isn't being honest, or we are all in trouble.
    Jim Cohen
    ITS 66
    CFR

Jim, I came very close. I was watching another car that went off in turn 1 and was coming back on very fast. Once I was sure he was clear, I looked ahead and there you were....I really had to juke to the right to avoid you. That was some pucker factor for me for sure, I can only imagine what you must have been looking at while you were parked there.

So what was up with T&S? They gave me a track record on Sunday am with a 2:21.2. I checked on my laps, and just last month Andrew Charbonneau ran a 2:20.849, and Paul Ronie was running 2:20.0. I knew it was not possible, not yet for me anyway. What is the actual ITA track record?
    Russell McMullan
    Orlando, Fl
    ITA #62 Sentra SE-R

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    Marc, did you get to do some driving?? Awesome man!

We may make another journey down that way next year.....can you guarantee me another 10 second drop in lap time?

Seriously, glad you got out and had some fun.
    Haa haa, thanks Jeff. After finally getting back on the track after 2 years and seeing for myself the small changes, I might say 1-2 sec drop. The times were insane. I'll let you see them for yourself when they are put on MyLaps but they may depress you.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell
    So what was up with T&S? They gave me a track record on Sunday am with a 2:21.2. I checked on my laps, and just last month Andrew Charbonneau ran a 2:20.849, and Paul Ronie was running 2:20.0. I knew it was not possible, not yet for me anyway. What is the actual ITA track record?
    Russell, don't quote me but I think the region is keeping Regional records for the Regional series. SARRC, ECR and National are Divisional/National series. Just a theory.

You did great man. Put a brake bias on that thing. They really make a difference.
    Marc Dana
    SEDiv
    Part time RR/AX
    #63 ITS Rx-7

Well I am saving my money to race at sebring in oct. and nov. and they needed help since they didm't have enough workers...so i said what the hell i'll make the most of it..and i really enjoyed it,i'll probly dod it again somewhre.

Marc your car looks great...

I feel bad for the over all leader in the EP mazda...last laps caught slower cars in the chicane spun and hit nose first into the tire wall.that had to suck!!
    Tim Martin
    ITC VW RABBIT
    CFR

Quote Originally Posted by Mazmarc63 View Post
    Haa haa, thanks Jeff. After finally getting back on the track after 2 years and seeing for myself the small changes, I might say 1-2 sec drop. The times were insane. I'll let you see them for yourself when they are put on MyLaps but they may depress you.

Russell, don't quote me but I think the region is keeping Regional records for the Regional series. SARRC, ECR and National are Divisional/National series. Just a theory.

You did great man. Put a brake bias on that thing. They really make a difference.
    Marc,
    I think you are right about the track record.
    They said I set the track record in BP on Sunday with a 2:10.36, but MyLaps has Al Wicht ran a 2:09 in August.
    I'm sorry I didnt get a chance to socialize with you, but I had my hands full with the car.
    Tammy was asking about you and your son. She asked me if you had your son with you. I told her, 'kind of'. Then told her about the picture on the car.
    She thought that was neat.

Russell,
    Great job, again. You really have that little car flying!
    Rodney Williamson
    www.titaniummotorsports.com

No worries Rod. All good. My friend Andy really liked your car. Wait until you see what he is building.

I just love that pic of Dylan so I put it on the car. Barry at Visual Signs can hook you up.
    Marc Dana
    SEDiv
    Part time RR/AX
    #63 ITS Rx-7

Dana,
    Your car looks awsome! and fast too! it almost looks like your kid is hanging on for dear life....lol
    I did get to watch you guys the last race...It's kinda kool to watch our group from the stands...I felt my luck was being pushed far enough with the oil leak and where parts of my spark plug went? lol especially on my birthday.

Russell awsome run! You have that thing hooked and running thanks for all your help.
    Now it's time for a tear down and I will see you guys at Sebring in January.

O.B.
    O.B.
    97 Saturn Sc2
    95 Saturn Sc2 being built
    ITA. CFR
    www.saturnorlandonorth.com