Thread: Neat and clean appearance?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fixing your car will cost money, but what about the money you could save by fixing your car?

I would fix the car and do a good job at it. Then use my "so fresh and so clean" car to get advertising money or product. Many hate NASCAR, but they truly understand the mobile billboard principle.

If you use your car as a mobile billboard you HAVE to keep the car in tip-top shape. No spokeman is better than a poor spokesman. It worked for a friend's Production race car as he recieved FREE tires as required from Goodyear (he was a front runner and his attention detail in his car's appearance was also shown in the cars build quality and performance). Compare your tire budget with fixing the car. My guess is that free tires (or oil, or brake pads, etc.) is worth "hammer time," bondo, a paint job and some wax.

Also, having worked in SPEED World-Challenge and Rolex A LOT of crew time is spent keeping the car, paddock, and pit areas "neat and tidy." Professional cleaners who perform some racing services.

It's embarassing for the sport to see rat traps running around. It isn't hard to have a nice looking race car.

Were you drawn to racing by the rat traps or the nice looking cars?
    Last edited by rsportvolvo; 09-27-2008 at 04:16 PM. Reason: deleted duplicate signature
    David Russell
    IT Volvo 242