Thanks for the plug on our car. Our car is very track specific. At Savannah we are really strong. The track is flowing and fairly flat. We struggle at Road Atlanta as there are many heavy braking zones and quite a few uphill climbs. VIR is better but I don't think we have enough for the top guys, yet. You can make them handle pretty well and they are easy to drive you just have to work hard on all the little things. We have threaded spring plates on all four corners so we can corner weight the car and change ride height. We cut apart Koni double adjustable front shocks to change the mounting setup so that they would bolt up to the front spindles. We built a custom NASCAR style front anti-roll bar.
The power is there, once again you have to do all the little things, crank scrapers, windage tray, low drag rings, pan evacuation system, proper headers, I could go on. We have spent countless hours on an engine dyno trying different things to make power. It's there you just have to work at it.
On the weight side we are on our third car. You have to look at every option to reduce weight, including sandblasting the entire bare chassis to get all the old paint and under coating off. That was a fairly cheap ($300.00) item to do and the car was much lighter after we had it done. When our car is set up for sprint races we have rolled across the scale at 2,600 lbs. That is a weight I thought we would never see but we did get there. I was convinced years ago it was impossible but I proved myself wrong. I even think you could get to the minimum but you would have to give up a good cage, use the 4 speed, small front brakes, 13 inch rims, no fuel cell, hell I could go on but you get the idea.
Brakes are another concern, proper cooling is mandatory! I have seen an ITB mustang at Road Atlanta go down into the 10 A/B turn complex and go for the brakes only to find the floor, thank goodness for gravel traps! We have built hats that sit over the rotors for proper cooling and built ducts and backing plates that cool from the center out. EBC makes proper pad compounds, even endurance pads that lasted all 13 hours last year at VIR.
90% of what we have done does not cost a ton of money. I really enjoy trying to always improve what we have. We never show up at the track without trying something new to make the car faster. With 3 kids and running my own business weekends are hard to come by, bu nights in the shop are easy.