Thread: Is my new car competitive?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

They are competitive with a well built and driving car. But Tristan is moving to an mk3 after experiencing what I warned him about before he started his move from bike to auto racing. A1 bodies are getting very hard to find.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

James is right. They are still competitive, but getting hard to come by. I finally tasted the hoosier crack on Mondays race and ended up in 1st. To bad I was 3lbs. under, DOH...

I added some Shine racing goodies and it made a huge difference. There is definately no advantage on the straights, but being able to keep momentum in the turns can make up the difference. I'm going to the A3 strictly because it looks like a great platform to run and ease of locating parts. Not sure what to do with the rabbit? It's proved itself with some great finishes this season so I will probably hold on to it.

I'm gonna hit NJMP for the last one, and try and catch the air show...
    Tristan Herbert
    2011 World Challenge TC Rookie of the Year
    2011 ARRC ITB Champion
    2011 IT Fest ITB Champion
    2009 MARRS - ITB Champion
    BRIMTEK/Germanautoparts.com

Oh Parts for A1s arnt that hard to find, they find me....I have 4 sets of A1 strut tubes, and now no A2s.....(sept 8th by the way).......A1s just seam easier to work on, tranny comes out easy, no differintal pressure regulator,computer,potentomiter, to go bad..

A1s Have more motor mountsso they have to be better.....
    "Nebraska organizing committees
    to race in Iowa & Ne board thing "
    Still working on a name...
    X-MVRG Member...
    ITB Rabbit/ITA Miata

Thank you, gents, apparently I do have a dog that will hunt - if trained properly.
    Jim Sexton
    …I feel ill at how far we have drifted from engineering and automotive integrity. It's not just nostalgia. It's more like sorrow. For a shining moment in human history all our science and engineering blossomed to create the great inventions and designs. Now we engage in techno-masturbation like Twitter and TPMS…
    Riley Tharp

Quote Originally Posted by chewy8000 View Post
    James is right. They are still competitive, but getting hard to come by. I finally tasted the hoosier crack on Mondays race and ended up in 1st. To bad I was 3lbs. under, DOH...

I added some Shine racing goodies and it made a huge difference. There is definately no advantage on the straights, but being able to keep momentum in the turns can make up the difference. I'm going to the A3 strictly because it looks like a great platform to run and ease of locating parts. Not sure what to do with the rabbit? It's proved itself with some great finishes this season so I will probably hold on to it.

I'm gonna hit NJMP for the last one, and try and catch the air show...
    So you're done for good with the A1, Tristan?

First dibs on the suspension goodies