Quote Originally Posted by IPRESS View Post
That looks like it will be a super build. I just bought a donor to retub mine this winter. Derek at Saferacer and I are planning on including improvements we have seen on other cars. I have looked at cars while at SP and RAtlanta that were pretty well done. Those Conover cars always look professional prepped.
Good luck with the build! A large part of the reason I chose CMS for the build of the new car was the fact that all the other cars they've produced have been top-notch. They know exactly what needs to be done to make the car right the first time out of the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by trobbins View Post
Wow , great looking car so far . I can't wait to see it finished .
I raced that gen Civic Standard hatch in ITC , it was a blast to drive .
Do you have any ideas for suspension ? Spring rates , etc .
I've always wanted to build one of these like yours .
Good luck and keep up the good work .
One of my old co-drivers used to run a Civic Standard in ITC and loved it too. Great car for the class! Yep, shocks, springs, bar have all been sorted out:

Koni revalved single adjustable's at the 4 corners. Lee Grimes with Koni helped with some of the valving and shock tuning info. GREAT guy and company to work with!

Simple Ground Control coilover set up. Upping the spring rates from my "old" ITA CRX... will now be running 700F, 1000R.

Rear bar will be a custom Speedway type bar. Rate will be roughly equivalent to a 3/4" solid bar but it will have significantly more adjustment options.

Quote Originally Posted by bonespec View Post
With the bigger EX brakes, this might be a BIG plus for an enduro car!
Hey Bone! Yep. That was a big reason why I picked this chassis. I don't think that it will necessarily be any faster than a Civic hatch or CRX Si on any single lap of the race but it will be more consistent over the course of the race. Being able to go down deep into 10A at Road Atlanta on lap 19 of a 20 lap race when your competitor is nursing somewhat frazzled brakes isn't going to hurt things!

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
Christian, you know what I think... Awesome!. there's a little BTCC in that car, isn't there?
Maybe a little bit...

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
If that top picture ain't a "Hey Ya'll, watch this" moment, i don't know WHAT is!!

Kinda my same thought on it... at least it's not me under the car with a power washer!

Good news is that the top-coat of paint should be completed Friday or over the weekend at the latest!