We raced one for many years, just sold it 5 years ago. I have a lot of information on the car, and many opinions.

It is not classed well in ITB considering the low Hp rating of the engine as stock.

Advantage: Its line in the specs has many variations on a theme: From carb to FI (not a good one to use), 16 different heads, admitidly, not much change between them, except for the FI; Very robust short block; One trick differential, not used much; Very good parts availability in wrecking yards; relatively inexpensive to make, since it requires more labor than purchased parts.

The good parts for the chassis are for the GT (V-8), which varies significantly...many good parts are not interchangeable with the 2300 chassis (dimensionally).

Disadvantages: Bad rear suspension; Bad front suspension; Low Hp; Poor trans ratios; High end final weight;

Final thought: Good learning car, mid-pack, but, I'd rather not build one. I'd purchase one already built, and go from there.

If you are interested in MANY more details, not to mention a blue-print of a car to build, write:
[email protected]

Good racing.

Bill