Just for fun let's turn this around.

How would you as a racer (volunteer) feel about having someone else tell you how to run your racing?

what if a corner worker told you that you could save money by running fewer races? (just like when someone above told a region to put on fewer races)

What if some guy who used to be a starter told you that you could save money by driving a slower car?

what if your region passed a motion to ask you to negotiate with your tire vendor more like a mixed martial arts fighter and less like a girl scout?

And why the heck do you have that big tow rig when you could get a dolly and tow with a ranger pick up.

This is pretty much what you're doing if you ask you region or your workers to do something different than they are doing. Suggestions with merit are fine. But I won't be surprised when you don't sell your car and buy an ITC car just because I think it would save you some money.

I'm pretty sure most of you would say "hey, if you don't like how I run my race program, buy your own car"? so why be surprised when that is the answer you get?

Wow, we just can't get on topic here. I'm going to suggest to the original poster that he start a new thread about "my region is tiny, what can we do?"

jim