damnit....if forgot to put jjjjjjjjjjjjanos on ignore on this board.

i'm not racing this year, i get nothing from the region, i receive none of the benefits, why should i write them a check? I'll be back next year, just chill out there sparky. if nothing else, my service to the region last year has bought me a 1yr grace period. yeah, that's right....i'm someone who actually DID volunteer his time, attended board meetings, ran for a board position, and i still think there's plenty we could do better.

the idea that if you don't volunteer you can't speak is total shit. what in the world would a region even do with 500+ volunteers?

i'm pretty sure if you actually had qualified employees whose job it was to figure out how to lower operating costs, they would. just because you start paying people to do a job doesn't mean entry fees, regional dues, etc would automatically go up. i get paid to do this in real life, and i've certainly paid my salary many times over.

and believe it or not, there are certain volunteers that actually do more harm than good, and the region would be better off without. :eek:

pretty tough to tell a volunteer to go away though.