Thread: What to do when it goes wrong....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by erlrich View Post
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but unless I did something so completely boneheaded and blatantly stupid that there was zero excuse for my actions, I would feel like it was a racing deal. I would certainly seek out the other driver and apologize to him, and try to offer some explanation for what happened, but let's face it, this IS auto racing, and shit DOES happen. Likewise, unless another driver did something that I felt was totally avoidable, or worse intentional I would never expect anything other than an apology and explanation from him. I would certainly not expect him to pay to repair my car. If his actions warranted it I might consider taking the cost out of his ass, and of course filing a protest would be in order; but I go into this sport with the full knowledge that on any given day I could be taking my car (and my ass) home in pieces, and accept that risk every time I go out on track.

Now, I have to qualify that answer by saying that I've only been involved in any serious contact once - well, twice actually - but they both occurred within one lap and were somewhat related, so I only count it as one , and so I don't have a lot of experience to draw from.

Oh shit!!! And I'll be racing with you at some point!!!????? I'll stay as far away as possible!!!

Last edited by JLawton; 07-16-2008 at 01:16 PM.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place