Thread: What to do when it goes wrong....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

i've been in a few incidents. sometimes with friends, sometimes with people i couldn't pick out of a two person lineup.

the one time it was with a friend was my biggest wreck, and it was the last lap on sunday, for lead of the race. afterwards i asked if he was alright, and we helped each other load our cars on the trailer (it was sunday), and went home. even though i knew what happened, i didn't say anything, and he asked to see my video at a later time. afterwards he admitted fault, i told him not to worry, and that no matter whose fault it was i know it wasn't intentional or stupid move by either of us. that's racing. shit happens. we're still good friends to this day.

another time when it was my fault (first lap, we both continued with a minor wrinkle), i walked over immediately after the race was over and apologized. "i thought i could get it slowed down in time, but i guess i was wrong." the contact was minor enough he didn't care in the least, but said he appreciated me coming over on my own.

yet another time.......a guy was i felt blatantly blocking me all race. i had to start DFL that day, and couldn't make a pass stick on a VW with big power i normally outqualify by multiple seconds. i was pretty pissed about the blocking already, and then he turned down on me......at track out.....when i was on the inside. a left hand turn, we were tracking out, and i was on the left, and he turned in on me. that really set me off. i was so mad at the end of the race i knew it wouldn't be smart to go approach him even though i'd never met the guy. i walked straight to the stewards and filled out paper.

so yeah, if you're really that mad, and it's JUSTIFIED, it's probably best to just file a protest instead of a personal confrontation.
    Last edited by tnord; 07-15-2008 at 08:21 PM.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region