Thread: Heater cores

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It's ironic that yesterday I discovered that my grand explosion caused by my pressure plate going postal at 7500 rpm also damaged my heater core!

But, I will repair and retain it, and I'm even scheming to improve water flow to it. Might as well make everything better if I'm going to do all the work to rebuild everything in that 6" CAT scan of the car anyway!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

It doesn't have to be apples and oranges. I always assumed they call it formula because you have a drawing or "formula" that gives dimensions that can not be exceeded. Wheelbase, track, OA length, wing height and width, etc. Also the engine is basically the same as an IT engine as far as what you can modify. IT could be the same if you had fewer rules because "if it doesn't say you can, you can't" really amounts to volumes of rules.

It's unfortunate that purpose built race cars are perceived to be more difficult or expensive to maintain and race. Different situations apply of course, but as a for instance, Butch races GTA and pays less for his Goodyear racing slicks than I pay for those crappy Toyos. Also, steel tubing and fiberglass is much cheaper that re-shelling or sectioning the damage on a production based car at least for me because I don't own a body shop.

Your pressure plate explosion is freaking me out. Please stop talking about it or I'll have to install a scatter shield and add even more to the 60# I'm already over weight.
    Last edited by tom_sprecher; 07-14-2008 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Added wild speculation and baseless facts
    Tom Sprecher