Personally, I've liked it since the split. Before it, you would lose the CenDiv Championship to someone you never even raced against all year. That gets old, real quick. So yea, because of that, some of us GLDiv members would venture up that way to compete. But that tow's a real pain in the ass strickly because of Chicago. Now, no need. I still go up to Road America once every couple of years because it's such an awesome track, but it really is too much of a pain to do every year. But now, if I was a national racer, you bet your ass I'd probably be making that trip at least twice a year, so I think you'll see a huge boost in numbers at both the regionals and the nationals up there because of that. After the Runoffs left Mid Ohio, we saw a pretty huge crash in numbers at both, but we're coming back with events like the IT Fest and creative weekends featuring restricted regionals at nationals, chase races, and enduro's. It's a competition for these regions to bring in the racers. If you get creative and increase their incentive to come, they'll come. It's not rocket science.

But back to the point, it was my understanding that Area 4 (CenDiv) wanted to split from Area 5 (GLDiv) more so than the other way around. Now, they seem to be the one's hurting (if they really even are) from it. Well......that sucks. Down here, I can't say I've noticed any adverse affect of it. If anything, it's created a more tightly nit group (at least in the IT community) of the MI, OH, & IN racers as we take on eachother in the GLDiv Championship and take on other drivers from the NEDiv & SEDiv at events like the ARRC and the IT Fest. I like having a more concentrated area to say I'm from. When I say I'm from the GLDiv, I know all of the racers who are behind that statement, and I know the talent within it very well and am proud to say I race there. With how huge the old CenDiv was, you couldn't feel that way.