Thread: Nelson Ledges 24 Hour Race; 2008

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

We are also pulling out to do the 13 hour later this year.

Type R Dave

I talked to Scott Lane at the 12 hour and he said that the entries were a little lite to date. He put up some flyers announcing that this would be the last 24 under the existing configuration - big plans for Nelson Ledges over the next year. This is an historic race folks, don't give up on it. Scott wants to make it even better in the future.
    I see that they deposited my second check so there is some progress being made. Ann McHugh sheparded the event and drivers for many years for the first seventeen or so 24 hour races. Once she gets spooled up, we're in for a ride.
    Regards,
    Chuck

I've got no complaints about last year, except for the schedule and it looks like they've largely fixed that issue. I just can't spend a bunch of dough out of pocket to subsidize other drivers' racing so we need to make our nut from rental drivers to make it possible. The economy isn't helping any and we have last year's actual expenses to go on, so know what it needs to cost. It's just the reality of trying to make it workable.

K

Cool

Hillbilly Motorsports will be showing up with the clan again this year in ITB. If the Conover boys aren't coming, we anticipate a podium finish.

Kirk, I'm willing to put beer on the line again if you guys are coming.

Jeremy Cesene
    Hillbilly Motorsports
    #13 ITB BMW 318i
    Last edited by Willisbe; 06-26-2008 at 09:56 AM.

Default Nelson changes ?

Quote Originally Posted by callard View Post
    I talked to Scott Lane at the 12 hour and he said that the entries were a little lite to date. He put up some flyers announcing that this would be the last 24 under the existing configuration - big plans for Nelson Ledges over the next year. This is an historic race folks, don't give up on it. Scott wants to make it even better in the future.
    I see that they deposited my second check so there is some progress being made. Ann McHugh sheparded the event and drivers for many years for the first seventeen or so 24 hour races. Once she gets spooled up, we're in for a ride.
    Regards,
    Chuck
    Please elaborate on what kind of changes are in store for that wonderful old track ! I sure hope they dont ruin the flow it has !!

We loved the event last year and the track is a great place to race we are just in the same boat as the Conover group.

Dave

Since everyone was talikng about this at the Grand Am Mid Ohio weekend. New owner, 10 feet wider, complete paving with extra optional "chicanes", new buildings etc etc. Possibly club atmosphere new owners http://www.thechromepony.com/News-02-23-08a.html

Hey Jeremy...

Henry Kuter needs a ride if you're still short a driver.

Think I'll be working start this year.

Dave Gills
    Red Pinto #80
    Dave Gills
    ITB Red Pinto #80
    Grove City, Pa.

Default Looking for ride. Nelson 24 Hr

Any teams short a driver? Please contact or send info and $ reqirements to;
    Kevin Langston
    734-793-0727 (days)
    734-525-8455 (eves)
    [email protected] (email)

Default Start the rain dance now

Team Troxell is greatful to announce that Hillbilly Motorsports and Team Troxell Racing have teamed up to dominate the race!

We hope to see everyone there!

Jay
    TEAM TROXELL
    TEAM YORK
    #28 ITB VW GOLF