Quote Originally Posted by betamotorsports View Post
If you cut out the spare tire well and build a 1" square tube frame welded to the existing rear frame rails, the maximum fuel cell size is 26"W x 20"L x 10"D. This gives enough room to get to the rear diff mounting bolts and keeps the can above the ground per the rules (at the ITS legal ride height). I typically install the ATL SP115 Sport cell (15 gallons) in ITS and Vintage 240Zs for my customers. If you're willing to cut the side frame rails you can run the ATL SP122C cell and get 22 gallons for an additional 8 lbs of weight (not counting the fuel).
Thanks John, and nice website. I've somehow never seen it before in my websurfing on Datsun enthusiast sites. We will be needing some Koni's in the next year or so (currently using Illuminas which I know aren't the best IT setup), so when the time comes we will give you a call. As for the cell setup is it safe to assume since you use 1" square tube that HD angle iron just isn't beefy enough to hold a fuel cell then? Also do you find you gain weight when you go from a stock tank to a cell setup?? Thank you again.

chris