Thread: 240z Fuel Cell Install...looking for advice

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    Sorry about the pictures, I forgot! But I will get them tonight.

I have notes in my book with gallons per hour use and will double check it. But I think that it is right at one gallon every six to seven minutes.

One downside of my complete system is weight. I am 115 lbs over min weight in my car and I know I could get 15 lbs out with a more carefully constructed and simpler fuel system. 15 lbs needs to come out of me for sure.
    Thank you Ron. I'm curious to see your system....sounds like a real professional setup. My uncles EP car (Datsun Roadster) is setup like that with duel feeds, pumps, etc. Your fuel consumption rate sounds about what I would have guessed the z's get. I helped with pitstops for Ira & Marvin a couple of times at Homestead's 12 hr race and I believe they were running stints around 1.5 hours, and I thought they had a 15 gal cell so that would work out to 6 gal/hr. As for car weight we are in the same boat as you...maybe a little heavier. I wanna say we are around 200 lbs overweight now. I hope we don't add much with a cell cuz there isn't much more wqe can take out. Our cage is overbuilt with 1.75" tubing so we have alot of extra weight there that can't really come out of the car on our budget.

chris
    Last edited by spawpoet; 06-25-2008 at 03:04 PM.