I will readily admit I have an ulterior motive in seeing SCCA road racing succeed at Nashville. Not only is NSS less than four hours from my house (thus giving me two more SARRC races within "reasonable" towing distance, but establishing a road racing program in the Music City provides more trained workers and potential drivers for our events at Road Atlanta and Barber. Racing in Nashville is good for BK Racing, Atlanta Region, and the Southeast Division.

But even if I didn't gain personally from the experience, I really enjoy racing there. Granted the track is shorter (and tighter) than any other we run, the transistions can be rough is you don't take them properly, and I need to be concerned about the db limit there (since Sound is on driver's right), but we DO get to run 150 mph on the front straight before diving into decreasing radius first-gear corner, the tight parts are tight for everyone, and the spectating is GREAT! You can see just about everywhere on the track from any point on the track, so when you're watching a race you KNOW what happened rather than speculating on why your buddy never came back by.

Thanks to TVR and Chattanooga for putting on a first class event at a first class facility (did I mention the track staff is a joy to work with?). I know the numbers were down from expectations, but hopefully you guys will give it another try in 2009. And if you let GTA cars run the 3-Hour, I might even give that a shot just for the experience of running under the lights! :eek:

Let me know what I can do to help...