Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wire View Post
It will be interesting to see what ultimately drives this if indeed the rule ever gets changed again. Certainly market forces have driven the costs down for RR shocks, but what about the strut-type setups that are prevalent in IT? Those with more traditional dampers could easily transition to RR type, but the strut based cars will be left hanging in the breeze. And since our cars are 5 years old minimum by the time they reach IT, what is the incentive for manufacturers to develop RR strut packages for 5+ year old street cars? Not much, I'd guess.

I'd remind those in favor to look at the relative health of IT now, with great competition and good car counts, compared to what IT was and where it was going before the rule changed about 5 years ago or so.

We're back to "if it ain't broke....".

You have it backwards sir.

You are just making assumptions here which are completly wrong.

JRZ, and moton (the only two RR companies i will comment on as they are the only ones i have experience with) are MORE then willing to build custom one off sets of struts for anything you want. This is largely due to the fact that everything they make is custom and built to order. The strut guys would have a much easier time getting better struts, well all of the odd low after market supported cars would. One would simply get in contact with one of the two companies give measurements, and wait the 6 to 8 weeks. These would be complete struts ready to bolt on.