Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Shafer View Post
I also didn’t have a particularly good time, riding around at 7/10ths dodging Spec Miatas. The weekend would have been much better if ITR was running in the ITS/ITA group (were I feel ITR belongs).
Every region has to group the cars according to what works for them. It's based somewhat on past experience, somewhat on input from drivers, and somewhat on pulling numbers out of [thin air]. With 40+ classes at your typical regional, SOMEbody is gonna feel pi$$ed upon. Atlanta Region will continue to put ITR with the "big" IT group and BP wherever the ASedans end up, but that's certainly up to each region.

All that said, the results from Sebring indicate it was a toss-up as to where to put the ITR cars. Group 2 (ITS, ITA, IT7) qualified 28 cars with the pole time at 1:18.7, the slowest at 1:37+, and a median time of 1:24.7. The corresponding numbers for Group 6 (BP, ITR, T3, SM) were 29 cars, 1:16.2, 1:31.1, and 1:24.0. The numbers in each of the races follow fairly closely.

Had CFR moved the three ITR cars to Group 2 it appears it would have been a wash - you still would have been "riding around at 7/10ths", you just would have been dodging IT cars rather than Spec Miatas. Now if you wanted to get started home earlier, that's a whole different argument.

I also want to apologize in advance to CFR for causing their Race Chair to have a heart attack - I'm certain Robin will keel over when he finds out I actually agree with him on something. :cool: