Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wire View Post
Yeah, I'm also bitter, clinging to my guns and religion with antipathy toward people who aren't like me. Thanks, Barack.

I appreciate the 'enlightenment'.

As a prep shop owner, I'd think that the rule would provide you with an additional source of revenue from your IT customers. The more the shocks need to be rebuilt, the more work for you, no? Or.....maybe DavidM was onto something, and your ultimate goal is an advantage for your customer that you feel others might not exploit due to cost/complexity/etc. All cards on the table please.

Inquiring minds want to know....
Nice, very mature response.

The point you're missing is that the additional cost/complexity is already legal, just without a canister. I say again, $16,000 through-rod dampers are legal in IT, and you could revalve them every day if you wanted to spend the time/money and it would be perfectly legal.

If you actually bothered to read my statements above, I stand to make _more_ as a prep shop if the rule stays the same, because the shocks aren't bump adjustable and we'd have to take them off the car each time we wanted to change the bump valving.

By making inexpensive, remote canister shocks legal ($400/each for Penskes, $850/each for Moton/JRZ,) you now make it _easier_ for everyone to dial their shocks in.

It's like saying going to non-adjustable shocks would save cost (non adjustable must be cheaper, right?) But guess what - then you'd have people revalving them all the time, or keeping 10 different sets on hand with 10 different valvings and then having to swap them in/out.

I stand by my assessment that people standing by this rule don't understand shocks, and their opinions are based on misinformation and flawed logic.

All this makes me want to do is build an IT car with $16k through-rod dampers and go out and start winning some races. Maybe that's what it would take for people to understand that the current rule has no basis in reality.