Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
I can't share the details because I promised not to, but we didn't just "preserve the process." I personally spoke to some people at Mazda who know this car very well, and was told very clearly that the 238hp is a real number on an engine dyno.

I know you don't believe it. And I'm sorry I can't give more details, but the reason is because the people in question don't want to be questioned on internet message boards. Imagine yourself in their shoes.

238 is the number. I think arguing the 15% multiplier, or the (lack of) torque adjustment, is totally reasonable. We went with those for consistency with the process. The S2000 is very similar in those regards, and although owners grumble about the weight, people ARE building them.

As far as arguing the veracity of the stock 238hp number, I'm not going to engage that discussion any further.
Fair enough. Care to tell the rear wheel numbers these experts at Mazda were willing to share with you. You already admitted the RX8 seems to show very big driveline losses. Where do you think all this HP goes? Even given the 238 number as fact in full prep form it will not have anywhere near a 15% rear wheel gain and you know it. 205 -210 is not a 2980 # car. I might have to rethink my earlier statement to Kirk about the HP and classing. It seems more true than ever now. Your failure to answer the BMW question tells me all I need to know.