Thread: ITR Car Counts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    That's why I said it was neither here nor there. We use 25% when we don't have a pile of alternative data as has been documented on this site. I can tell you our 200 mile stock MX-5 made 139whp. We added the open intake (not legal for IT as it is a psuedo ram-air unit outside the engine bay) and header/exhaust and got to 153WHP.

Someone would have to make 170whp in order for this car to fit perfectly. That is another 17whp (21 crank) in overbore, B&B and ECU. Possible? I think so but much more? Doubt it.
    You are at 153 rwhp with out opening the motor and no ECU tuning, including using that variable valve timing? No blueprinting? The ram air doesn't work on the dyno anyhow, and you know how creative you can be there for air pickup.

Heck, just boring that block with a torque plate and truing it up would probably pick up 2-3hp, ditto by fiddling around with the rings, valve job, balancing, and so on.

While you see the glass half empty, I see it half full. I'd say if a top notch IT build with full on ECU and so on can't find 17 rwhp I'd be extremely surprised.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 05-17-2008 at 11:36 AM.